Sunday, November 20, 2011

On the mind.

I am totally a supporter of TWLOHA (To Write Love on Her Arms) --in case you don't know, they are an organization about showing love and offering hope to those who are hurt, broken, addicted, and stuff like that. It's an awesome organization--
Why am I such a supporter of this? What does that have to do with me?
Well, there was a time when I fit into the catagory of the people they are helping. I have a passion for the same kinds of things that To Write Love does... probably because I know what it's like to be all black and blue inside. Not fun.
But this isn't about me. What I'll say, is that I am not who I am because of who I have been. Who I was is no longer, because of God's grace and crazy strong love for me. He's the only reason I still live.

Right now, my heart is breaking for the people who are broken.
I feel kind of helpless. Like really, what can I say? What can I possibly do to help them?
This is what's frustrating for me.
I personally, came out of where I was because God basically said "You don't love me if you can't love yourself" And that was when my priorities got a little more straightened out.
But I'm not God, and I can't do the things that He can.

So what do I doooo?
I love?
I support?

How can I let them know, that they are vital? That their lives (even the most screwed) can be used for insanely flippin' great things. That they are worth so much. And that someone really does care.

I just have to trust that in His timing, God will use me for whatever purpose He has for me. I don't want to act in the wrong timing and really turn someone off or anything.. I just have to trust, and do what I feel God is telling me to do, because He's never ever.. EVER wrong.

Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment