Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Here's the deal.

I am: An early high school graduate (I graduated in May 2011). I am now focusing entirely on fine arts, mostly music. I'm learning to play the electric guitar... with no teacher. So far so good. I try to practice 2 hours a day, and have been at it for about 3 months now. I'm also growing closer to God every day. This is a bigger deal than the whole music thing, for sure. In fact, He could have plans for me to be a lawyer, as far as I know. I'm just trying to follow without doubting, wherever He leads :D

My 3-4 year plan: To keep playing and learning more about music. As well as working, working, working, to save some cha-ching. ;-) for the next [almost] two years. Then, I hope to take an internship at Tooth and Nail Records in SEATTLE!!! to learn even more about the music industry and how it works in general. And hopefully make some musical friends and see what we can do about starting a band :-)

The ultimate goal: To be in a kinda-popular-ish Christian band, write songs that speak to people who have been hurt, who have kind of given up on God. Who need some hope. And to be able to meet those people, and talk to some of them one on one and hear them out, to pray with them and encourage them, and give glory to God, because it's His glory to begin with.

For now: I'm going to keep you updated on my "journey" here. And we'll see how this all turns out!





That's all for now :)

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment