Monday, April 23, 2012

Off Beat

I know it's been nearly a month since I posted.. shame on me!
It's not even because I haven't had anything to say. It's more that I had everything to say, but never said it.  (isn't that such an issue? How come we always end up holding the important things in and droning on about politics and weather?)
But anyway, now I'm back and I have to tell you, I've been a little off beat lately.
This really isn't easy for me to just go ahead and say, but it's true.
My cadence has gone wacky, and I don't like it at all.
I mean really, who likes an off beat, out of key, song? A song like that isn't one that would I would likely keep on repeat.

"So Chelsea, what exactly is wrong? Whadja do this time?"

Here's what I did: I got sidetracked.

*gasp*

I know.
You know what else? I let my passion die down. My efforts to please the Lord in every day life faded, and I started to lose grip on the selfless, giving, attitude I'd been praying for and working toward.
It's like I had a lapse in my life purpose.

As previously stated, this isn't my favorite post to write. I almost wrote a post on a personal Bible study which is extremely interesting, and would have been a fun post to write, and ya'll could think happy little thoughts like "Just look at that, Chelsea's doing great things for the Lord, she's got a great heart, that girl's on a roll"
But that would have been a stupid, prideful, vain, thing to do.
And  it would have tuned my life somewhere between dropped D and C, (which is an awful way to tune one's guitar and I would NOT recommend it)
And so I decided to write the hard post.
I decided to shout to the world that I'm struggling in certain areas.
It's humbling and it feels good, to be honest. Feels like I'm a little closer to being back to standard tuning.

Here's another thing I have to mention, though. It's not that I stopped praying, reading the Bible, going through the motions. It's just that that's what I was doing, going through the motions.
I let the meaning of what I was doing wander off, and it took my interest and passion with it.

So this is me,
Humbly asking the Lord to renew my heart and passion.

Being reminded that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and nothing without Him.

Chels

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you. It is very normal to fall out of tune from time to time. The great musicians recognize it and get in tune again as you are doing. Love you, my precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty! This a very brave thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea, Thanks for your ongoing posts here. I know this post is a little old now, but I wanted to say that I related to the situation described here. I think that it is a natural cycle (especially in this broken world) to have ups and downs in every relationship, even our relationship with Him. Some time "going through the motions" (even when our hearts are not in it) is exactly what we need to do. He's the one who started the change in us, and He has promised to complete it!

    Keep writing! I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete