Sunday, August 19, 2012

Just Thoughts

About 6:45 this morning I found myself sitting cross-legged on our sofa, looking through the window at the beautiful view right across the street from our house. I was in awe as I took in the image of the early sun as it cast it's golden beam over the shining, dew-laden field.
And I pondered things.
This is a rare happening, as I have a mind that tends to jump from thing to thing, never focusing on one particular thought for more than a couple of minutes, if that.
I thought about fruit.
Bananas, peaches, watermelon, grapes.
God must have had a splendid time designing fruits...
I thought about how each fruit has it's own texture, aroma, flavor.
How great is our God. He invented texture, He invented scent, He invented flavor itself!!
I love those moments when you are just blown away by the huge-ness of the Lord, and the extent of His power (not that we will ever comprehend it fully).

I thought about how God's personality must be displayed throughout His creation, and if we take the time to notice it, we can learn a lot about our Lord and grow closer to Him!
I personally believe that God loves vibrant colors. Roses, clownfish, The bluest sky in October.
Just that little insight on His divine personality makes my heart happy.
Because guess what? I like vibrant colors, too!

I thought about how God is the first artist.
He is the artist. He designed everything.
I must say, I do admire His work ;-)
Seriously though! As a somewhat-artist-of-some-sort, I adore the fact that the Lord sculpted me with His own hands. He decided what voice I should have, how my teeth would be aligned, and what shape my head would be.
I've had, and still do often have a hard time accepting and appreciating my round head or my voice as I should, but I have to slow down and contemplate this.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Whoa.
Sculpted by the hands of God, The artist.

His love just falls on me like rain sometimes.
I want to be drenched in that rain.

Just thoughts. Merely the early morning ponderings of a curious mind, but I thought I'd share.

Chelsea :)

2 comments:

  1. HE is amazing. And this is just what we can see.........
    You are an artist...not of sorts. A definite artist.

    ReplyDelete