Thursday, July 18, 2013

Goodbyes are Like Needles. Stab, Stab, Stab.

When I started this blog, I had no expectations of anyone actually reading it.
I basically made it so that I could write about things that I was learning, because only when I write things down do they really start to sink in and mean something to me. Too many times have I thought: "well, this is a big enough revelation to me. Surely I'll never forget this!" Only to find myself desperately searching through my mind later, trying to remember this grand lesson.

Since beginning this blog, I've written plenty of posts that meant a lot to me personally. I've expressed how I've learned some life-changing, perspective-shifting truths as they have been revealed to me.
Not necessarily ground-shaking revelations to someone else, but to me, these were "grand discovery posts".
I've also written things about my life. Experiences I've had, hardships that the Lord has helped me through, and joys that I had no way to communicate well enough.
Some of these posts were encouraging to others in ways that I may not ever know the extent of, or know about at all. But usually, when I hear that something has touched someone, it was a post that I didn't think was that big of a deal.
Well, The Lord works in mysterious ways, I guess.

Whatever the case with others reading or not reading, this is still a journal-blog to me, and I'm going to use it as such. :)

I can imagine that every adult can think back to a point in their life when everything seemed to be changing. Everyone was going their separate ways and they were all sick of the word "goodbye".
Well, I'm there. I'm not just kind of there, I'm all there.
This time next week, I will be in Australia. 
New surroundings, new people, new ways of every day living.
I think my human self is probably nervous as anything, but I don't feel it because God in me has totally overcome the nervous human Chelsea with His peace, assurance, and excitement!
I am praising Him for that!

I've still got watery eyes today, though. The goodbyes are like needles that keep poking me in the heart. One after another. Stab, stab, stab.
All my dear friends! The worst part is knowing that this isn't just a five-month trip that'll happen and then I'll come back and everything will be normal again.
I'm excited beyond comprehension for my friends that are heading for college, but the sting of knowing we'll never have our 'good old days' the same way again really hits ya.

You know what, though? I've learned something about goodbyes in all of this.
They make you appreciate people like you wouldn't believe. 
These people in my life have not just been "oh, hey there. How ya doin" people. They've been used by God in all sorts of different ways to shape me into who I am... And they've been pretty stinkin' awesome while they were at it. I'm going to miss everyone like crazy!!!

But if my life were an iPod, I'd say that this playlist has reached it's end for now.
On to the next! A whole new rhythm is about to come in.

My devotions this morning were about knowing that God is present with me at all times. Whether I'm living in a 'day after day' routine, or when everything I know is saying goodbye, He's there and holding me.

How about some 'Hallelujah' about that! :)

Chelsea





4 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH It is great to see your faith in the Lord grow. You can be safe no matter where you are as long as it is in His will. Can't wait to hear all about your adventure. I love you Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this post. I love you, so much, and am sooo excited for what God is doing in and through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Chelsea, it's so awesome to hear what God's doing in your life through this blog! You are certainly a blessing to me. :) I'm so happy that you're going where God is leading... It's a hard thing to do, but I'm always so encouraged by your words here. :)

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chealsea! Hope you have a great time in Australia! I love reading your blog and hearing your thoughts and I hope to meet you someday! :)

    ReplyDelete