Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Humbling Moment

I can't tell you how many times I've wondered
"What is it about me that God thought was worth saving?"

He just revealed this to me:

It's not that I have anything to offer that I was worth saving,
It's not that I'm so special that He just couldn't let me go,
It's that He is worthy of praise from a helpless soul that's been rescued.
He alone deserves the glory, all the glory.

Here for a while I thought that I must really be something special.
Ha!

No, We're no good until He's drenched us in His mercy.
Which makes me tremendously glad that He is merciful;
I mean, He owns everything anyway, He doesn't have to have compassion on us.
But He does!

And if that's not reason enough for you and I to give Him a big ol' "thank you!",
I don't know what is.

-----------------
Until next post,
A gratefully humbled Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. Eye opening, isn't it? Makes Him pretty special and important in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's been convicting me of the same thing recently. It's kind of a relief to know that we don't have to continually be worthy to be given His love, isn't it?
    I know I've said this before, but your blog posts are awesome! You always make me think. :)

    Love,
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete